23/04/2015

Death Parade will shake your moral system!


 Yesterday I had a chance to re-watch few of Death Parade episodes with my flatmate and hear her opinion. Surprisingly what she had to say not knowing yet how the story ends, was so interesting that pretty much gave me new insight on the whole title and I'm going to share it with you.

<SPOILER ALERT!!!> 
click <read more> below the picture to expand this post
 <DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE WHOLE THING YET!>

Basically what she noticed was, that it is unclear who was sent into oblivion and who reincarnated at the end of each episode. . Well yeah... true. But let's take a closer look. Pictures above the elevators, 'evil' and 'good' faces were not symbols to determine direction of each elevator, they just were there as a decoration - we can conclude. So if not this, how do we know the fate of Quinndecim guests then? In few episodes throughout the series Decim reveals their fate to main heroine - then we can be sure, but what about the rest? What I noticed is that rest is unclear and actually we, as a viewers are unconsciously judging them ourselves. What I discovered when listening to my friend was, that she thought the fate of few guests was exactly the opposite to what I thought. And if we think about it from the perspective of the whole story, then we are suddenly identify ourselves with Decim, so unsure with his moral choices and unsure of the whole system of passing the judgement based on artificiality created 'critical conditions'.
To me, at this point Death Parade gained its depth and deeper sense and became valuable series with overall mark +2 if not +3 on my MAL from previous 5/10 that I gave at the beginning.
And what are your thoughts? Have you discovered anything special about this series? Share your impressions in the comments section below!


No comments:

Post a Comment